Built to military standards. Packed with features. Waterproof, shockproof, and made to withstand the elements. Oh, and they make you look very cool wearing them. These are the hallmarks of tactical watches. If you’re a military servicemember, first responder, or law enforcement pro, you may find it useful for your watch to have bonus features like compasses, GPS tracking, a time-keeping chronograph when every second matters, and of course, durable cases for withstanding the toughest conditions.
What to know about tactical watches
Not every tactical watch is built the same way. You won’t find full GPS location tracking or bullet trajectory calculators on all these watches. Depending on your preferences or professional needs, you may only need a simpler tactical watch whose only responsibilities are to tell the time and withstand the rigors of your job and pastimes.
But for all you operators who want watches so advanced you can practically call in an airstrike, we’ve got you covered there too. Read on for a list of the top ten tactical watches of 2021, available at members-only prices at GovX.com.
Garmin – Tactix Delta Ballistics Elite
Let’s start with a heavy hitter. The ballistic edition of Garmin’s powerful smartwatch comes equipped with software for calculating round trajectory for long-range shooting. In addition to the standard Garmin smartwatch fare like GPS, waypoint projection, preloaded topographic maps, and heart-rate monitor, the Tactix Delta is the ultimate shooter’s watch. It even has a kill switch to wipe all user memory in case you’re captured behind enemy lines. Please don’t get captured.
- Round trajectory software for long-range shooting.
- Solar charging cell for extending battery life up to 21 days.
- Operates in extreme temperatures between -4° to 113°.
- Durable black DLC-coated bezel and nylon band.
- Fitness tracking sensor with heart rate and performance monitoring.
- Smartwatch features like SMS notifications and contactless payment.
Garmin – Instinct Solar Tactical Edition
Garmin’s Instinct is a slimmed down tactical watch that forgoes the smartphone-paired capabilities of its more advanced offerings in favor of vastly extended battery life and of course, a more reasonable price. The Solar edition supercharges the battery life to up to a whopping 54 days. It’s still packed with plenty of powerful features, with GPS, waypoint projection, and all the fitness tracking standards you’d expect from a Garmin tactical watch.
- GPS enabled with waypoint projection and Jumpmaster mode.
- Solar cell enables weeks-long battery life.
- 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter allows for accurate GPS tracking.
- Fitness tracking data monitors health and wellness.
- Rugged waterproof case and strap design.
Casio – G-Shock Military Series
This standard issue military style watch is an affordable entry in the durable offerings of Casio’s renowned G-Shock watch series. The dual analog and digital timetelling is set in G-Shock’s most popular case chassis, available here in a shock and magnetic resistant matte black. The auto LED light is visible from all angles, with green accents for added tactical style.
- Shock, magnetic, and water-resistant G-SHOCK housing.
- Four daily alarms and the all-important snooze button.
- Full auto calendar programmed until the year 2099.
- 29 world time zones included.
- Digital and analog time telling.
Nixon – MK-1 Tactical Watch
Nixon designed the MK-1 tactical watch with input from various military units, resulting in a minimalist, masterful digital watch built to withstand unforgiving environments. The digital LCD module is water resistant up to 100 meters and protected by an internal PORON foam to withstand scrapes and scuffs. Put the MK-1 on silent mode and turn the backlight to low or zero brightness for stealth ops. (If you’re into that.) The MK-1 is everything you need, and nothing you don’t.
- 15mm armored module with high visibility LCD digital readout.
- 45 mm case with hardened mineral crystal.
- Five-year battery life.
- Silent mode with adjustable backlight.
- Dual chronographs operate independently.
Luminox – Original Navy SEAL 3000 Series
This is the original bestselling Navy SEAL-inspired Luminox timepiece. The 3000 series features the signature night vision tubes found in all Luminox watches, guaranteed to burn brightly for 25 years. The durable, dive-ready case is made of water-resistant, scuff-resistant CARBONOX and a stainless steel back emblazoned with the iconic Navy SEAL trident insignia.
- Carbon compound case with stainless steel back
- Unidirectional rotating timekeeping bezel.
- Scratch-resistant mineral crystal
- Water resistant up to 200 meters for divers
- Black polyurethane strap for a comfortable yet rugged fit
Casio – G-Shock Rangeman GPS Watch
The Rangeman collects location from GPS satellites to display your current location on a route or bearing to a destination, all in real time. It’s a versatile backpacking and outdoor exploration watch, designed for journeying into the unknown with the confidence of knowing how to get back to where you started. Housed in Casio’s notoriously durable G-Shock suit of armor, the Rangeman is as much as survivor as you are.
- GPS data and Backtrack mode allows for waypoint tracking for exploring the unknown.
- Every function available in solar mode.
- Altimeter, barometer, and thermometer all offer atmospheric data.
- World time zones keeps track of times in 39 cities.
- Designed to withstand temperatures as low as -4°.
Garmin – Fenix 6X Sapphire Watch
The Fenix is a GPS multisport powerhouse, with mapping, music, and intelligent fitness metrics. The 1.3″ display is 18% larger than previous Fenix models and is viewable even in direct sunlight. The DLC coated bezel combined with scratchproof Sapphire lens makes for an insanely durable smartwatch that’ll become your new tactical and athletic ally.
- Carbon gray and black band or brown leather band available.
- Scratch-proof Sapphire crystal.
- Energy saver mode boosts battery life up to 80 days.
- 280×280-pixel resolution, with sunlight visible transflective display.
- Heart rate monitor and blood oxygen sensor add insight to your fitness activities.
- Smartwatch features allow for SMS notifications and contactless payments.
Luminox – Sea Turtle 320 Series
The Sea Turtle is an alternative version of the mission-ready Luminox, available at a lower price point so more people can get into the tactical action. Tough, lightweight, and featuring Luminox’s signature night vision watch face guaranteed to glow confidently for 25 years, it’s a reliable addition to your gear collection. The Sea Turtle is also available with a nylon/canvas strap if you’d prefer an alternative to the polyurethane strap.
- 44mm case diameter built of durable CARBONOX.
- Dive ready and water resistant up to 330 feet.
- Unidirectional rotating bezel.
- Scratch resistant hardened mineral crystal.
- Night vision illumination guaranteed to glow for 25 years.
MTM – Special Ops Silencer
The very picture of rugged strength as far as tactical watches go. The Silencer is a signature MTM timepiece, constructed of solid 316L stainless steel, sandblasted with a handsome gray finish for a professional tactical look. The crystal is made of ultra-hard, scratchproof sapphire, and the entire watch is water resistant up to 330 feet. The Silencer also comes equipped with an included electromagnetic induction charger, which you place the watch on overnight to recharge its lithium-ion battery.
- Solid 316 stainless steel build with sandblasted gray finish.
- Electromagnetic rechargeable battery.
- Digital and analog readouts.
- Self-adjustable band with included allen wrench for a custom fit.
- External “flashlight” and strobe feature for emergency situations.
GovX – Field Watch
This military-inspired tactical watch is an affordable choice for patriots, pros, and world travelers. The durable case housing is water resistant up to 330 feet, with a hardened, scratch-resistant crystal that withstands scuffs and scrapes. The resilient nylon strap beats a metal link strap every day, with no moving parts for dirt or sand to get stuck in. Wherever you’re going, the Field Watch is ready for it.
- 45MM Steel ion-plated case
- Swiss Quartz movement.
- Water resistant up to 330 feet.
- Hardened mineral crystal.
- Nylon strap with ion-plated loop locks.
There is a huge range of options when it comes to buying the right tactical watch for your personal and professional needs. Maybe you need a basic military-style watch designed to last years. Or maybe you want to spend hundreds on a super advanced smartwatch packed to the brim with features and technology. Whatever your needs, tactical watches are an outstanding alternative to doing what most Americans do: Check their phones for the time. Power up your wrist with one of the many tactical watches in our catalog.